On 4/30/02 11:31 PM, "John McNally" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I do not know where to locate Turbine's original charter and I think it
> is a good idea to try to follow it.  Are these published somewhere or
> should Turbine maintain it in its own documentation?  However the scope
> of a subproject is likely to grow/evolve over time.  Velocity does
> provide at least one servlet that allows it to be used to develop a
> webapp independent of any other framework.

I think that's stretching 'webapp'  I guess tomcat does the same thing as it
supplies servlets...  :)

> Struts is adding support for
> Velocity even though one of its primary reasons for being proposed with
> Turbine already existing was to limit the view to jsp exclusively.

I think you are mistaken - we are building a toolkit to use Velocity as the
view layer in Struts....  Struts isn't adding any support AFAIK.

> I'm
> sure some example of feature creep will be found in many subprojects.

And scope creep.  Certainly happened to Jakarta.  And I think that's
healthy...

--
Geir Magnusson Jr.                                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
System and Software Consulting