Guys,

Bottom line (you could probably guess these but it needs to be said):

1. I'll -1 the attempt to switch any project to maven that I have a vote
on unless there is a concerted effort to collaborate on a combined
effort with centipede.

2. I'll -1 anything that REQUIRES me to use DVSL if I don't want to.

So what decides (in the minds of the maven community) whether it is
successful...  If its that a large set or all of the projects on
jakarta/xml/etc use it well then collaboration is the easiest way (it
removes my and several others objections).  If its to force us all to
use your pet projects, well good luck.  Its certainly not turning out to
be a springboard for collaboration.

You want the hearts and minds, then we've outlined it.  Work towards
collaboration.  Work towards standards support.  Then you'll reach a
consensus.  If not, *shrug* then I'm sure some projects will use it, but
it will imo kind of be a flop of the goals I assume it wants to achieve.

-Andy