On Thu, 2005-01-20 at 08:41, Andrew D. Fant wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > On Thu, Jan 20, 2005 at 08:27:23AM -0800, Brian Beattie wrote:
> >

> >>Why do you care what name is on my birth certificate?
> >

> > Personally I really couldn't care less. But the courts and copyright law
> > care. At least thats what I understand.
> >
> Rob:
>     I think that you're hitting a good point.  If you are donating code
> under a license to the gentoo project, it is a very good thing for us to
> be at least a little sure of who you are in the real world.

If I lie about where the code came from none of the matters.  If it come
to a court case, I can show up in person with an abritrary message that
only the holder of my private key could have had. As long as you accept
code based solely on that key, that is would be as strong a proof you
will ever get.

> Andy
>
> --
Brian Beattie   LFS12947 | "Honor isn't about making the right choices.
[EMAIL PROTECTED] | It's about dealing with the consequences."
www.beattie-home.net     | -- Midori Koto