On Thu, Jan 20, 2005 at 09:07:18AM -0800, Brian Beattie wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-01-20 at 09:48, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > On Thu, Jan 20, 2005 at 08:47:35AM -0800, Brian Beattie wrote:

> I disagree with your legal analysis, since you are accepting code based
> on the key, you are baseing your proof on the key, if I can prove that O
> hold the key, does it matter wherather I do it before or after.  If I
> have to prove I owned the code, I'll have to show my face so I so no
> issue.

Of course it matters whether you do it before or after, because once we
get to "after" you may have run away to start a chicken farm in
Antartica and we can never get in touch. The courts may want to come
talk to you, and telling them "well his email address is:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]" isn't going to help them (or us) much. If we have
your real and verified (by some means which will seem reasonable to the
courts, such a government issued ID) name then we have done our best to
avoid such a case, and they have something to chase.

> Are you a lawyer?  I'm not.

If I were a lawyer who knew the exact details I wouldn't have appended
"as I understand it" to my statement.

--
rob holland - [ [EMAIL PROTECTED] ]
[ 5251 4FAC D684 8845 5604  E44F D65C 392F D91B 4729 ]