On Thu, Jan 20, 2005 at 08:47:35AM -0800, Brian Beattie wrote:

> If I lie about where the code came from none of the matters.  If it come
> to a court case, I can show up in person with an abritrary message that
> only the holder of my private key could have had. As long as you accept
> code based solely on that key, that is would be as strong a proof you
> will ever get.

This isn't about you proving you are the person behind an email address
to _me_. I don't care.

This is about the courts, and I don't think they will accept any kind
of scheme about "only I can have this" type stuff. They want to know
"who you are" so they can file their paperwork and check you don't have
a history of copyright breach and so on.

Its pointless arguing about whether I should care. I don't.

I do not care who you are.

Clear?

--
rob holland - [ [EMAIL PROTECTED] ]
[ 5251 4FAC D684 8845 5604  E44F D65C 392F D91B 4729 ]