On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 13:29:15 -0500, Chris Gianelloni
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> You should definitely submit them.

I'm still working on them, besides after a bit of prodding most of the
packages I wanted updated got done (though I haven't seen them in
portage yet).

> I think you wouldn't be a developer for very long.  Unless you have a
> few hundred machines of different architectures and configurations,
> including different USE and CFLAGS, I doubt you could give a package
> nearly the testing that it would receive from 30 days in testing.
> Remember that not everyone syncs their tree every day.

I wasn't suggesting that having lots of machines for one developer
would replace the usual user testing, merely supplement it and mean
that perhaps things could be marked stable a bit faster. It's just as
if an extra big group of users decided to start using ~arch for a lot
of packages, having more machines (obviously with different setups,
there'd be no point in having 200 identical machines) would
theorectically mean problems would be found and hopefully resolved.

> Did you try?

Yes - http://bugs.gentoo.org/66622

I said the chances of it happening were slim because I'm not too keen
on the idea, and I doubt other people would be either.

Paul

--
Rogue Tory
www.roguetory.org.uk