On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 18:50:02 -0500
Mark Loeser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Jakub Moc <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
> > 1.12.2005, 0:29:48, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
> > revdep-rebuild --library=libstdc++.so.5 is all that's needed here to avoid
> > things like Bug 64615.
>
> Yea, I updated my statement on the bug to reflect this.  C++ stuff should be
> the only thing affected, so this _should_ be enough.  Its also already
> something that's been in the ebuild for a while now.

Not sure if everyone is aware of this, but most installed pythons link
to libstdc++.so. This is not a problem if you run the above
revdep-rebuild (it should catch it just fine). It is a problem if you
get rid of gcc 3.3 before installing libstdc++-v3 or running the
revdep-rebuild, as it will leave you with a broken python and therefore
unable to emerge.

--
Marien.