Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
| Local news delivery *should* still be using the user label. Unique | repo internal labels don't matter to glep42, since the label that
| news delivery _should_ use is what the user's configuration has named
| it.
| | Just stating it, since tagging a unique id into the repo isn't a hold | up for glep42. What is an issue with glep42 is planning for N repos, | eg another level of dirs/indirection as has already been stated.

The holdup for GLEP 42 is that you're trying to demand that it supports
some arbitrary future extension to Portage without specifying how that
extension will work.

I get it.  The Portage team asks you to extend your spec, so you turn it around
and ask them to extend their spec.  Ha ha ha.  Funny game. :)

Brian agreed with you that the extended dep syntax will be necessary at some point in the
future.  I also agree.  So, knowing that glep 42 doesn't require extended depset syntax,
can we stop playing this game and just settle on something like newsdir="$(portageq
newsdir gentoo)"?

Zac