Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
| Brian agreed with you that the extended dep syntax will be necessary
| at some point in the future.  I also agree.  So, knowing that glep 42
| doesn't require extended depset syntax, can we stop playing this game
| and just settle on something like newsdir="$(portageq newsdir
| gentoo)"?

What the heck is this 'gentoo' thing, and how does it help? Shoving
newsdir into portageq doesn't help *at all* with multiple repository
support.

Like I said in a previous email, 'gentoo' corresponds to 'magic-chicken' in
your news-magic-chicken.unread files.  The news reader app gets the repo
identifier from the news-*.unread files and plugs that into portageq to get the
directory where the corresponding new items can be found.

Zac