On Friday 28 April 2006 23:42, Ryan Phillips wrote:
> svn
>  + Atomic Commits
>  + Merging/tagging/brancing is a simple "copy" operation
>    http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.1/ch04.html
>  + lots of benefits
>    http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn.intro.features.html
>    there is more I'm sure people can come up with
>  - 2x Drive space

- No changeset/merge tracking

If we have a lot of active branches and a lot of merging between them,
changeset tracking could be a major plus. I've never used git but I've heard
that it, and other distributed development-style SCMs, have changeset/merge
tracking features that are really helpful. Could someone who's used them
comment on this?

--
Dan Armak
Gentoo Linux developer (KDE)