On Fri, 2006-06-23 at 15:09 +0200, Harald van Dijk wrote:
> You're suggesting jakub maybe shouldn't even be a Gentoo dev because he
> *doesn't* give one unofficial overlay special treatment over another?

The jave "unofficial" overlay is well on its way to becoming an official
and officially hosted overlay.

> > This childishness from *all* sides is getting really old, really fast.
> > People need to grow the hell up, and quit with the melodrama.
>
> Don't you think you yourself are overreacting a bit in your message?

Not at all.  I've been back on the gentoo-dev list for three weeks, and
the actual "dev" part of it has been pretty much missing.  This list
would be more ideal as gentoo-rant,
gentoo-torture-every-reader-with-endless-threads,
gentoo-lets-not-get-along, gentoo-babies, gentoo-childishness, we can
come with a few more.

My personal view is apparently starting to be more public here, so I'll
be plain: I think developers needs to all seriously reconsider what they
are doing with Gentoo and why. I'm not advocating anything other than a
bit of introspection on why people do this to begin with.

In the past few weeks, I've seen devs get at each others' throats; and
worse still at users' throats.  And really, it's a little too much
already.

Thanks,

Seemant