On Fri, Jun 23, 2006 at 01:33:21PM -0400, Seemant Kulleen wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-06-23 at 18:07 +0200, Harald van Dijk wrote:
> > >
> > > The jave "unofficial" overlay is well on its way to becoming an official
> > > and officially hosted overlay.
> >
> > And once it is, it can be given special treatment.
>
> We're talking around each other, let's stop.   I'm not advocating that
> the overlay keywords for sunrise cease -- as I stated in another part of
> this thread: I do not care one way or the other.  I don't think it is
> appropriate, however, to make other projects hostage because you don't
> like what's going on with your pet project.

Agreed, but I don't think there's any reading of the original message
that allows continuing use of Gentoo's bugzilla for Java's overlay until
it is hosted by Gentoo, so I don't consider this Jakub's decision.

> > Maybe discussions have been focused on policy more than development
> > itself, but for the most part (yes, there have been exceptions), they
> > have still been focused on Gentoo. You seem to be making it personal,
> > which is over the line for me.
>
> I'm pretty sure I have not made it personal.  I'm not addressing any one
> in particular on these, nor do I have anything against any parties (or
> for any parties for that matter).  I'm sorry if you took my words that
> way, that was certainly not the intent from this side.

It was mostly the "gentoo-babies" reference to this list that I
considered name-calling and a bit too much, even if it wasn't directed
at any single person in particular. If I misunderstood you, sorry.

> > Your frustration is understandable, but I think you took it out on the
> > wrong message, and very possibly the wrong person.
>
> I know what I did, and they were both the correct target.  We can take
> this off-list and include Jakub himself in it, if you're dying to know.
> I think Jakub himself knows full well *exactly* where I came from and
> why.

If there's something between you and Jakub that I'm not aware of, I'll
stay out of that. It doesn't affect my opinion on this specific topic,
though.