On Fri, 2006-06-23 at 18:07 +0200, Harald van Dijk wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 23, 2006 at 11:11:15AM -0400, Seemant Kulleen wrote:
> > On Fri, 2006-06-23 at 15:09 +0200, Harald van Dijk wrote:
> > > You're suggesting jakub maybe shouldn't even be a Gentoo dev because he
> > > *doesn't* give one unofficial overlay special treatment over another?
> >
> > The jave "unofficial" overlay is well on its way to becoming an official
> > and officially hosted overlay.
>
> And once it is, it can be given special treatment.

We're talking around each other, let's stop.   I'm not advocating that
the overlay keywords for sunrise cease -- as I stated in another part of
this thread: I do not care one way or the other.  I don't think it is
appropriate, however, to make other projects hostage because you don't
like what's going on with your pet project.

> Maybe discussions have been focused on policy more than development
> itself, but for the most part (yes, there have been exceptions), they
> have still been focused on Gentoo. You seem to be making it personal,
> which is over the line for me.

I'm pretty sure I have not made it personal.  I'm not addressing any one
in particular on these, nor do I have anything against any parties (or
for any parties for that matter).  I'm sorry if you took my words that
way, that was certainly not the intent from this side.

> Your frustration is understandable, but I think you took it out on the
> wrong message, and very possibly the wrong person.

I know what I did, and they were both the correct target.  We can take
this off-list and include Jakub himself in it, if you're dying to know.
I think Jakub himself knows full well *exactly* where I came from and
why.

Thanks,

Seemant