Chris Gianelloni wrote:
[snip]
How do you kick someone out of a project?  Currently, I know of no way
to do so.

It's at the leads discretion.  For amd64 me and my OP leads talk it over
and make a decision. I suspect that most leads simply don't have the balls to remove someone. It's not an enjoyable task.
 .
What process is required for someone to join a project?  Currently,
anyone can add themselves to any project without any consent from the
project itself.  The only real counter-examples to this are projects
which require some kind of specific authorization to join, such as
devrel or infra, since they have access controls.

It's also the leads discretion.  Were someone try to add themselves to a
project I run without chatting with me(or my OP leads) first, he'd find
himself quietly removed at best.

[snip]

--Mike