Wernfried Haas wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 25, 2006 at 05:35:53PM +0100, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
>> On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 18:25:53 +0200 Wernfried Haas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> wrote:
>> | So if by breaking the keyword someone breaks a policy, it is something
>> | devrel should and will deal with.
>>
>> Should, sure. Care to back up the will part?
>
> Time travel is not possible, so i am not able to present you hard
> evidence.
>
> What i can assure you is that there is a policy that says so, and that
> policies are there to be followed.

The point we're making here is, policies mean nothing if they can't be
backed up. The past has shown that not to happen, and until there's hard
evidence to show that something is actively being done, then the
assumption that nothing will happen will stand. I don't care how many
policies you come up with, they mean absolutely nothing if you can't
actively deal with the consequences.

--
Lance Albertson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Gentoo Infrastructure | Operations Manager

---
GPG Public Key:  <http://www.ramereth.net/lance.asc>
Key fingerprint: 0423 92F3 544A 1282 5AB1  4D07 416F A15D 27F4 B742

ramereth/irc.freenode.net