Wernfried Haas wrote:
On Tue, Oct 10, 2006 at 10:13:41AM +0000, Duncan wrote:
Personally, I'd say 686 is the lowest reasonable to support at this point.
Below that, try an appropriate binary distribution and save the days/weeks
of compiling.

Bollocks. I run a print/samba/backup box at work which is a pentium II
400. Compiling glibc takes 3 hours here and while it may not be the

Uhh, P2 is i686, which falls squarely into the realm of "supported" and "reasonable" :)

--
Andrew Gaffney                            http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
Gentoo Linux Developer                                   Installer Project