Santiago M. Mola schrieb:
I splitted this from the SoC thread so the possible discussion doesn't
add noise to the original thread.

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 7:32 PM, joshua jackson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 Google is once again doing the summer of code for students. I'm helping
 organize it this year and am putting out a call for some elements to help.

 1) We need idea's for things to do. Diego has already submitted some via
 his blog which have been taken into consideration.

A lot of users don't feel comfortable using Bugzilla and often are
lost with our procedures for keyword (both ~ and stable) requests. I
think we could use an easy web interface for requesting specific
keywords for packages in a point-and-click fashion.

So the user would just pick a package from the list, and check some
boxes with the arch(es) she want to see in ~arch or stable. Then ATs
could go for the ones that met the requirements, and even prioritize
stabilisations depending on the number of users who have requested it.

I've been talking about it with some users and everyone agrees that
they would like to have such an interface...

What do you think about? Would it be easy to integrate it with
packages.g.o or should it belong somewhere else? Do you think this is
a suitable project for SoC?

Regards,
Santiago

Maybe you are looking for something similar to the Wine app database?
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=3755

Of course not the same, but similar.
I do think, that something like this could integrate in a very nice way
into packages.gentoo.org. The nice thing about that would also be, that
you have a nice overview over the packages(versions), that have a keyword.

Bernd