Samuli Suominen schrieb:

> that's my impression now too since nobody has managed to provide useful
> case for separate /usr, or they have been very vague like adding 1+1 on
> / and /usr filesystem sizes and counting the risk of corrupted
> filesystem from that (one word: backup)

Maybe I have to explain in more detail:
When is there a risk of data corruption involving /usr? For example,
when the filesystem which contains /usr is being written to while the
power fails or the kernel panics. But /usr is almost never written to,
it is the other directories like /home, /var or the upcoming /run.

Backup is orthogonal to this question.

Best regards,
Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyen