On Mon, 01 Aug 2011 10:23:07 +0300
Samuli Suominen <ssuomi...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> this is starting to look good:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/UsrMove#Move_all_to_.2Fusr

Honestly, that seems like a poor draft to me. First of all, I don't see
a reason to move /sbin to /usr/bin instead of /usr/sbin.

Second of all, the benefits are much smaller if we still have to
symlink all the dirs. I'd rather keep /bin (and maybe /sbin) on rootfs,
and just symlink a few compat tools (like sh). Then we should start
looking heavily for unnecessarily hardcoded paths.

I don't think keeping /lib* is absolutely necessary. That one should be
pretty easy to move.

Of course, the largest problem is migrating existing systems with
split / and /usr.

--
Best regards,
Michał Górny