On Fri, 7 Sep 2012 17:02:57 +0200
Michał Górny <mgo...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> > The problem is that you're arguing against a proposal that doesn't
> > exist except in your head. If you'd like to read and understand the
> > proposal being made, which starts with understanding the bits marked
> > clearly with stars, and then once you've understood it, rethink and
> > present any issues you find with that proposal then we might have
> > something to discuss.
>
> Renaming and/or reordering something doesn't change its implications.
> It's just 'main disadvantage' vs 'side disadvantage'.

Well no. You've been arguing against some mysterious proposal that
doesn't exist that you think is about replacing lots of variables with
one variable. That's not what DEPENDENCIES is, and now that you've got
a proper write-up, you can try reading it, understanding it and then
seeing if you have any objections to what's actually being proposed.

--
Ciaran McCreesh