On 18/11/12 10:21, Diego Elio Pettenò wrote:
On 18/11/2012 00:08, Greg KH wrote:
But if this fork is now the "official Gentoo fork", owned by the Gentoo
Foundation, and it's the way forward that Gentoo the distro is going to
take with regards to how the boot process works on the system, then I
have something to say about it, as it affects me, a Gentoo developer.

Please note that I would be the first one, from a QA point of view, to
raise a huge question mark if somebody is planning to make this the
default anytime soon.

You want to keep it around as an option? Sure, feel free.

Moving as default? Over my dead public key.

Amen.