Greg KH schrieb:

>>> No, don't do that for an "install" kernel, that way is madness, just use
>>> a real UEFI bootloader which can handle an initrd and the like properly
>> Can you explain what problems you see with that? How does
>> CONFIG_INITRAMFS_SOURCE handle initrd improperly?
> Ah, didn't notice that, it might work, have you tried it?

Yes, it works here.
This is the kernel which I used to boot my development box at work
(including genkernel initramfs for mdraid+luks+lvm):
http://dev.gentoo.org/~chithanh/efi/boot/bootx64.efi

It has hardcoded crypt_root and real_root via CONFIG_CMDLINE, and
initramfs executables are built with -march=bdver2 so this particular
file will probably not be useful to many people.

Best regards,
Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn