On Sun, Dec 9, 2012 at 1:07 PM, Fernando Reyes
<likew...@weboperative.com> wrote:
> I don't know the details of the issue but I know that I was prevented from
> using grub on the livedvd.

Well, if some perceived legal constraint is keeping us from doing
whatever seems to be technically most appropriate we should
investigate the matter and resolve it.  If, on the other hand, it
simply makes sense to use something else, then no sense belaboring the
point.

People just seem to be really paranoid about GPLv3 and Grub.  We're
already talking to the FSF about how they handle copyright attribution
on their own projects, so I suppose we could get their opinion on UEFI
as well.  However, I don't see anything in the language of the license
that creates a problem when using it with UEFI, unless one wants to
sell locked-down hardware.  Doing that would be a violation of our
social contract, let alone the GPLv3.

Rich