On 5/27/13 12:58 AM, William Hubbs wrote:
From what I just read, the difference is that busybox init ignores the
runlevels specified in sysvinit inittab.

Nope, it interprets the numbers in a different way.

If that's the only difference, do we really need to modify the inittab
at all?

Yes, I tested it first and got the whole system unworkable, one single mode later I baked something to get at least the minimal functionality, supporting our xdm script properly required some more effort I hadn't time to pour that day.

lu