On 09/08/13 10:19, William Hubbs wrote:
On Fri, Aug 09, 2013 at 07:51:15AM +0100, Steven J. Long wrote:
<clumsy fool> wrote:
It would seem to make sense if the packages are unmasked conditionally
s/ conditionally//

in the parent, or the linux profile, and then unmasked in the profiles
that need them. Sorry if I'm misunderstanding.

What needs to be masked though? Like I said in my
message earlier in this thread, there is no need for any major
acrobatics here. If you upgrade to gnome-3.8, you switch over to systemd.
The gnome team is working on an upgrade guide, so let's leave that to
them. :-)

William

For example, gnome-base/gnome-settings-daemon could be p.mask in non-systemd profiles instructing the users to switch to the systemd profile and point to the guide you were referring to
As in, the benefit would be informative mask message