On Fri, Aug 9, 2013 at 8:54 AM, Michał Górny <mgo...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> Dnia 2013-08-09, o godz. 14:14:12
> "viv...@gmail.com" <viv...@gmail.com> napisał(a):

>> > The upgrade path is to run systemd, not migrate to fedora. As simply as
>> > such
>> >

>> is systemd useful if not run with PID=1 ? Honest question
>
> Not a honest question but either honest troll, or you're awfully lazy
> and just making noise here.
>
> So the answer is: yes, it's quite useful when run with PID!=1. It's
> called systemd user instance (something OpenRC totally can't handle)
> and it can be used to manage user services.

I forgot thtat when I answered, but that requires that systemd is also
running as PID 1. If I understand the question correctly (and I didn't
perceived any "trollism"), it was about if you can install systemd,
but run OpenRC as PID 1, and have everything working.

In that case, the answer is no.

Regards.
--
Canek Peláez Valdés