On Wed, 4 Sep 2013 11:59:37 +0200
Michał Górny <mgo...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> And how are you going to implement this? I doubt that fd/vt input has
> any sort of 'writing process id' indicator.

Yeah, will require some inspection into how this works and what
information we have available; if that indicator isn't present and
upstream doesn't want to add it, we can still opt to hook into the
write calls and make the information available that way.

I can't imagine there is completely no way to do this; a first example,
strace, comes to mind that can do this. So a stripped down form of that
would be one way to do it. Assuming we can't get direct information.

--
With kind regards,

Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
Gentoo Developer

E-mail address  : tom...@gentoo.org
GPG Public Key  : 6D34E57D
GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2  ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D