Dnia 2013-09-04, o godz. 23:45:44
Kent Fredric <kentfred...@gmail.com> napisał(a):

> On 4 September 2013 21:59, Michał Górny <mgo...@gentoo.org> wrote:
>
> > And how are you going to implement this? I doubt that fd/vt input has
> > any sort of 'writing process id' indicator.
> >

> Though granted, my other post is not going to be useful on a line-by-line
> basis.
>
> The obvious easy approach is have an exec launcher of some kind that
> launches processes with IO redirected to an intermediary process that
> simply prepends arbitrary strings to every line sent to them, prior to
> those processes piping the data to the final aggregate output.
>
> But this would require large amounts of pipe work and fork+ipc magic.
>
> Its surely doable, I recall seeing parts of paludis that do stuff like this.
>
> Just those pipes are inherently easy to break in my experience.

That's my point. There's no simple way of doing such a thing, and any
'hard' way involves a lot of fragile hacks and assumptions. And more of
that, more likely it will actually break something that relies on
at least some sanity of host.

I can't really imagine going anywhere without another LD_PRELOAD
library. Then, I don't know if platforms other than Linux have any
tools for proper chaining of LD_PRELOAD (think of sandbox). That's just
one issue.

Then, think of pipes. Some programs use stdin/stdout to communicate,
maybe even stderr. You need to know which handles you can actually
touch and which not. That should be fairly easy to achieve but still I
suspect it would be fragile.

--
Best regards,
Michał Górny