On Tue, 3 Sep 2013 15:43:44 -0400
"Walter Dnes" <waltd...@waltdnes.org> wrote:

>   Similar to...
>
> USE="foo bar" emerge blah blah blah
>
> ...can the average user do something like...
>
> TERM="dumb" emerge blah blah blah

That sounds like a very rare occasion, from all the bugs I have dealt
with I have not seen any dumb terminal escape codes so far. And if
there would be one, it wouldn't be hard to strip them for that one...

> I don't believe very many users or admins babysit an entire 2 hour
> "emerge --deep --update @world" session, hitting {CTRL-S} when some
> colour pops up.

That is not what this is about, this is about having escape sequences
in build logs obtained from Bugzilla; because, they aid in skimming
through logs (until we implement the feature I asked for in subject).

--
With kind regards,

Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
Gentoo Developer

E-mail address  : tom...@gentoo.org
GPG Public Key  : 6D34E57D
GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2  ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D