On Tue, Sep 03, 2013 at 10:15:39PM +0200, Tom Wijsman wrote

> That is not what this is about, this is about having escape sequences
> in build logs obtained from Bugzilla; because, they aid in skimming
> through logs (until we implement the feature I asked for in subject).

  "The road to binary syslog files is paved with good intentions", or
something like that.  Question... why does it have to be escape
sequences?  Can't it be readable plain text?  E.g. something like...

//STDERR.OUT.START
foo
bar
blah blah blah
//STDERR.OUT.END

  This would be easy to grep and/or parse in bash.

--
Walter Dnes <waltd...@waltdnes.org>