On 9/13/23, Eli Schwartz <eschwart...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/13/23 12:35 AM, Alexe Stefan wrote:
>> On 9/13/23, Matt Turner <matts...@gentoo.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> I see no commits from your email address in gentoo.git, so that might
>>> be a question for you.
>>>

>> I and plenty of others have their overlays. Should I try to get my
>> ebuilds into ::gentoo?
>

> That seems to be rather missing the point. Why are you going out of your
> way to make a distinction between:
>
> - contributing ebuilds that would otherwise not be present in ::gentoo
>   at all
>
> - helping fix issues in existing ebuilds that are part of ::gentoo and
>   need to be kept in good working order
>
> Both are valid ways to demonstrate a commitment to collaboratively
> improving the Gentoo project. The one you *didn't* mention is easier to
> do, though, so I'd probably suggest trying that first.

I do open bugs and threads about various issues regarding packages,
and propose solutions. Sometimes their gentoo maintainers agree,
sometimes they don't. What else should I do? I don't have commit
access.

>>> I'm not your monkey.

>>> Right, we should have done something *else* to keep eudev going.
>>>
>>> Welcome to my killfile.
>>>

>> Something I said in this thread struck a chord?
>

> I think it's a very fair assessment to make that this thread is quite
> hostile to the Gentoo Developers as a whole, and hostile behavior
> towards the Gentoo Developers does indeed strike a chord.
>
> I am not completely sure why you find it important or desirable to
> highlight the fact that you elicit strong negative emotions in others,
> mind you. But I'm sure you have very good reasons for it.
>

> --
> Eli Schwartz

I don't think I said anything about you?
I do not like to see choice being taken away for no good reason,
especially in regards to such a contested topic.