On Thu, 13 Feb 2003 21:11:54 -0200
Bruno Lustosa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Still.. haven't been able to finish compile qt. Everytime, in the
> middle of the compile, I get a nice Oops, and then the kernel panics.
> The process causing the panic varies. Sometimes python, sometimes
> scheduler, sometimes the idle process. So, not a program's issue,
> happens at random, and it's easy to reproduce. If I just emerge
> something big, it WILL crash!

You might try emerging memtest86. I know you don't think it's a hardware problem, but
I've found memory issues to be quite insidious. They tend to only show up when the
system is under stress. I had a bad DIMM in my machine that only caused problems when
I had a lot of tasks running simultaneously, drove me nuts until I ran memtest and
found it.

Just because your memory passes the BIOS test doesn't mean it's any good.

--
jim nutt

home:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]           jabber: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
work:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]      ms msg: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
pgp id: 1ECBCC78