Hi,

On Sunday 16 February 2003 16:01, Bruno Lustosa wrote:
> * Brice B <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [15-02-2003 16:57]:
> >   Compiling strains the CPU MUCH MORE ( 80+%) than "normal" use seen
> > under windows & other binary based OSes. If you have the means to buy
> > extra DDR that's surely worth a try. I'm still curios as to what
> > Heatsink+Fan combo you have cooling your motherboard... and would
> > recommend replacing it w/ a Coolermaster HAC-V81 ($15 w/ free shipping at
> > newegg.com) if you're using the retail... the thing is very loud at full
> > speed, but comes w/ a rheostat that allows you to adjust the voltage ->
> > RPM -> noise of the fan to medium/low which is at a VERY tolerable level
> > (quiter than an AMD 60mm retail fan).. also what is your case
> > temperature?
>
> Yes, I'm aware that compiling strains the cpu too much. But in other os,
> I also do work that strains the cpu alot (I'm used to compilin things in
> debian also, and under windows, there are some games that takes the cpu
> up to 100%).
> On the processor, there's a ThermalTake Volcano 7, a gigantic (really)
> cooler that makes really big noise.

That doesn't mean anything... my cooler is very small... and more than
adequat..

> There's also another fun in the rear of the case, hard disk fans (2 of
> them).
> The system is like, 50C fot the CPU, and 32C for "system". I guess that
> must be the temperature around, inside the case, isn't it?
> You shouldn't be surprised by these high values, because room
> temperature nowadays is at 43-45C when it's really HOT.

If your room temperature is around 40C and your 'system' is around 30-35C,
there is a great chance, that it is not the case or system temperature but
the difference between the 'system' and the room temperature...

> I found the memory errors, and because of that, I can't compile kdelibs.
> Do you, or any other know how I can resume a crashed emerge?

try ccache

Glück Auf,
Volker