> I have a version of libstdc++.so.3 on my system, but it comes with the
> vanilla OpenOffice binaries (i.e. the ones from openoffice.org, not the
> openoffice-bin ebuild -- I don't know if it's in the ebuild or not).
>
> The problem is, I don't know if that library is OO-specific or not...I
> once tried using it for something else (I don't remember what, exactly),
> and it promptly segfaulted the program it was being used with.
>
> I also have a libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3, which comes with lib-compat, but
> again, I don't know if this would work or not.
>
> What do you need it for?

It's for a game server I'm running (Half-Life), so it's not mission-critical
or anything. I'm trying to get a specific plugin library running but the .so
the author makes available was compiled using the library mentioned above. I
tried just symlinking libstdc++.so.2.8 to libstdc++.so.3 but it can't find a
symbol it needs (I know that's a huge, unstable hack even in the best of
circumstances, but for a game server like this I don't care much).

Could you email me the one you have? Worst-case scenario would be it just
segfaults, which puts me back at square one. If it runs at all that's
probably fine for my purposes, unless/until I can find a way to compile it
on my system. But no one is volunteering a way to do that yet.

Thanks for responding,
Eric