On Monday 17 March 2003 04:34 pm, Hamilton Coutinho wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 17, 2003 at 09:26:57AM +0000, Ernie Schroder wrote:
> > > hth,
> > > Ingo
> >
> > --
> > Against War! Against War! Against War! Against War! Against War!
> > Against War! Against War! Against War! Against War! Against War!
> > Against War! Ag ainst War! Against War! Against War! Against War!
> > Against War! Against W
> >
> > I, and possibly many more Americans find your signature ofensive.
> > I, personally am for disarming Sadam by any means necessary, but I
> > don't sign my posts to user's lists:
> >
> > bomb Sadam bomb Sadam bomb Sadam bomb Sadam bomb Sadam bomb Sadam
> > bomb Sadam bomb Sadam bomb Sadam bomb Sadam bomb Sadam bomb Sadam
> > bomb Sadam bomb Sadam bomb Sadam bomb Sadam bomb Sadam bomb Sadam
> > bomb Sadam bomb Sadam bomb Sadam bomb Sadam bomb Sadam bomb Sadam
> >
> > Please let's keep personal politics out of Gentoo
>
> C'mom Ernie, do you really think that the iminent offensive that US
> is about to launch against Iraq has anything to do with disarming
> Sadam? Furthermore, what happened to the free speach right?
> Personally, I don't think your proposed signature is offensive, only
> incredible short sighted...
>
> Regards,

        I did not propose that as a signature. I only put that there to show
how offensive my personal position could be to others. The point I was
trying to make is that politics has no place in the Linux community.
Who really cares here on the Gentoo Users List what another's personal
politics are? I don't want my perception of another list member to be
clouded by personal feelings regarding his beliefs. As far as I see,
Linux is apolitical. If Sadam himself posted a Gentoo related question,
I would expect myself and others to answer him with all the courtesy I
would answer George Bush (or the Pope, but let's not go there)
--
Regards, Ernie
100% Microsoft and Intel free