i have a 10gb ext2 partition for it already, it's going to share a 2gb
swap  partition with my other distributions, i was more thinking about
what would have to be set up to get an environment closely enough
resembling the one you get from booting from a stage1 cd and how to get
it all started.

On Sat, 2003-03-22 at 16:37, Andrew wrote:
> On 22 Mar 2003 16:26:26 +0100
> Lars J Nielsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > how would i go about installing gentoo from within another linux(in
> > this case mandrake 9.0) on another partition without rebooting?
> >
> > it takes about 10 hours to install on this thing and i don't want to
> > be offline that long if i can avoid it, also the last two times i
> > installed gentoo 1.2 they failed(at different computers and differenrt
> > places in the install), might have been duo to the overloading of the
> > rsync servers tho, anyway the point is it's pretty irritating to sit
> > around and be offline for 10 hours if it doesn't work anyway.
> >

> Use your imagination.. skip the partitioning and go from there. Simple.
>
> After you're done with the rest, THEN move onto the partitioning...
> again, thought is required. You'll probably want to resize whatever
> partitions you currently have, and free up ~1gig for gentoo, then you
> can remove those partitions after.
>
> Good luck!
> Andrew

"Is there really any hope for the human race? We invent an extremely complex
global network, consisting of many many miles of optic fibres and satelites and
super fast routers with clever routing algorithms. We create machines that can
make circuit boards with 0.13 microns precision. And what do we do with all
these inventions? We send millions of spam mails about a pill for erectile
dysfunction."

"Be careful of labels. They have a habit of turning into prisons." -- Lance  R.

"Know thy self. If you need help, call the FBI!"