On Saturday 22 March 2003 17:43, Lars J Nielsen wrote:
> yeah I'd want ext3 but i want to be able  to read  all my partitions
> from all installed systems and some don't support it yet unfortunately.

Good thing about ext3 is that its backward compatible. you can still mount it
as ext2. And you can change an existing ext2-partion into ext3 without
formating it...

> about home i will have it on the same partition at first and then when
> I'm sure everything is working use the partition I'm sharing with the
> other systems.

Sounds logical. Just be sure to use ext3 as journalling filesystem and not
reiserfs and you're on the secure side...

Arnold

to all your contacts.
After a month or so log in as root and do a rm / -rf. Or ask your
administrator to do so...