To tell you the truth I 've never tried w3m before. However you
intrigued me and I did a little research about w3m. It seems to be a
quite nice text mode web browser and the inline images is a really
impressive feature but they have the tendency to disappear as soon as
you change vt or terminal :-(. Some features that are missing from w3m
is the svgalib support and the X window support. And last but not
least... it was the web browser that I tried after lynx and never had
the need to search for another alternative :-D