>mv /usr/portage/distfiles /tmp
>mkdir /usr/portage/distfiles
>FETCHCOMMAND='mv /tmp/distfiles/${FILE} ${DISTDIR}' emerge -fe world
>rm -rf /tmp/distfiles
>
>This should be about as perfect as you're likely to see.
>Unfortunately it
>does take a while to run. If you have leaf packages that aren't in your
>world file I guess you could add qpkg -I -nc|xargs.
>-Heschi

Thanks.  I've always been reluctant to get rid of the sourcefiles, because
a hardware failure (or a new system) will take several days to download on
my dialup connection.  I can't think of any flaws in this one.  At worst,
it'll
only miss a few things, which can be easily replaced.  Thanks Again!

-rex