Mark Knecht <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>    After using Linux more and more over the last couple of years most of
> what I need to do for day to day life is pretty much together. However,
> at least the way I've set things up, there is never a complete solution
> for just browsing the web. There are always web pages I'm going to that
> tell me I don't have plug-ins. A lot of it is Java based. Some of it is
> Flash stuff. Sound is so so... Email links on web pages don't map to
> Evolution. For all of those reasons my Windows box is usually turned on
> for the time with Linux doesn't cut it.
>
>    Why isn't there an out-of-the-box Linux solution that's as good as
> Windows?

Actually, if you really think about it, it neither is in Windows. Last
time I installed one, I had to go to Macromedia (Flash), Adobe
(Acrobat-Reader), Apple (Quicktime), RealNetworks (Realplayer), Sun
(Java) to get the needed plugins. Oh, yeah, and to Microsoft
(Mediaplayer).

Now, how is that different from Linux?

Chust my 2 cents...

Cheers,