I think you have missed the point. I am objecting to the list nazi like
saying EVERYBODY MUST BOTTOM POST OR ELSE! attitude. The way I read my
mail is the way that suits me. Fine, I am not telling you to top post,
but to trim your mail so I can read it without having to scroll down to
the bottom.  Hence, if you dont trim it, I am not going to bother
reading it.

As far as you not wanting me and others to top post, same deal, if you
dont like it, /dev/null me and the rest of the world: HOWEVER dont tell
me I have to type my email in a fashion that I find objectionable
because you have a personnel preference.

As I said before: live and let live, dont become a list Nazi!

If you really hate us that much, why haven't you written a program that
goes through a mail list and reorganises the messages so you can read
them in the style you like?  - actually, this might be a good project

To add, I use evolution and get more than 200 emails a day at the
moment.  I have only a short time to sped on messages, and if I cannot
see the anything interesting to cause me to scroll down, I dont bother.
Email clients like pine and mutt which I have to use on occasion dont
give me the multi-window, graphical view I like, so I gave up on them
when evolution became usable.

To say again, live and let live - dont force yours views on others

End this thread

BillK