<Anubis> still can't get usb mouse support working
<Anubis> It seems like I get a different system with each new install using
the same configs
<Anubis> wtf?
<Anubis> if I compile as modular, all the modules are not availible
<Anubis> if I compile proper, like when it worked before, I get nothing as
well.
<Anubis> When I ask for help, I get ignored mostly. What am I to do?
<Anubis> I could put the ps2 adapter on but why?
<Anubis> I had this very same mouse on this very same system working with
gentoo and this gaming-sources
<Anubis> now I get nada
<Anubis> very frustrating
<Anubis> no consistency
<Anubis> uhci.c,usb.c hid-core.c
<Anubis> all show up in dmesg

IRC channel is not at all helpful this I'm posting here.

# USB support
#
CONFIG_USB=y
# CONFIG_USB_DEBUG is not set
# CONFIG_USB_DEVICEFS is not set
# CONFIG_USB_BANDWIDTH is not set
# CONFIG_USB_LONG_TIMEOUT is not set
# CONFIG_USB_EHCI_HCD is not set
CONFIG_USB_UHCI_ALT=y
# CONFIG_USB_OHCI is not set

CONFIG_USB_HID=y
CONFIG_USB_HIDINPUT=y
# CONFIG_USB_HIDDEV is not set

Also it does not seem like the kernel option vga=xxx is working either like
it was before my reinstall.

Hardware info does not matter as I have been runnig gentoo on this system
for a year. I borked it, and had to reinstall. Now Gentoo is acting as
though I changed hardware. Its sad especially when it seems your call for
help, is more of an irritant by your fellow enthusiast.