* David Friggens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2003-09-16 11:16]:
> * Lindsay Haisley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2003-09-15 17:40]:

> > bzImage doesn't contain the system symbol map, but the symbol map is

> I'm sure I read that it does. I'll assume I'm wrong as I wait to track
> down my source later on.

OK, firewall's back up and after some Googling it appears I that I'm not
hallucinating about what I read. But...

I couldn't find the original thing I read, but I came across some
discussion on the the Linux Kernel Mailing List entitled "Re: zImage now
holds vmlinux, System.map and config in sections. (fwd)". Starting here:
   http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0302.3/0203.html
with threaded replies starting here:
   http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0302.3/0382.html

The discussion wasn't complete, so I'm still a little confused but the
following quote indicates that maybe it's not relevant to x86.

   Well, then it doesn't have sections. As far as I could see the
   original post only applied to architectures for which zImage is
   an ELF binary.

   Similarly, this will not exist on x86/x86-64 where the (b)zImage
   is mostly a binary blob.

David