I am running vanilla sources, and I upgraded from 2.4.19 to 2.4.20 fine,
but when I go to 2.4.21 or 2.4.22, on boot I get an error "Root filesystem
could not be mounted read/write". After that error, lots of files are not
found for the rest of the boot process, but at the end I am able to
log into the system and / is definitly mounted, though some of the
files the boot process is looking for are missing.  My / is reiserfs.

I highly suspect that I am missing some kernel modules, but no idea
which ones.  I have reiserfs enabled for the kernel.  Does anyone have
any idea what I might be missing, or have a good suggestion for how to
go about debugging this problems?  Thanks,

-Wes