On Wed, 01 Oct 2003 14:39:48 -0500
Shawn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I never have to reboot on -test5-mm4.
>
> On Wed, 2003-10-01 at 14:25, Steven Elling wrote:
> > On Wednesday 01 October 2003 13:45, Shawn wrote:
> > > Try /dev/root in the system init file instaed of "/" where remounts
> > > happen.
> >
> > It has been a while since I tried using kernel 2.4.22 but I think I tried
> > /dev/root and it did not work either.  I tried every single dev entry for
> > the device.  It doesn't matter now anyway `cause I gave up on 2.4.22 and
> > will be going to 2.6 when it's production stable.

I haven't followed this too closely, but do you need initrd?  Maybe your
hardware requires it?  I've never used initrd (plain ole ide drives), and thus
I've never had /dev/root in fstab and thus never any problems.

HTH
--
Collins Richey - Denver Area
if you fill your heart with regrets of yesterday and the