Hi, all!
This might not be the apropriate place to ask questions related to
non-gentoo-kernels, even more as the questions are about a testing kernel
(2.6.0-test6). Yet, I hope that someone will be kind enough to answer my
questions.

After having heard so much positive stuff about the upcoming 2.6  Linux Kernel
I decided to give it a try but soon I would run into some wierd problems that
I havent been able to solve even after many hours of trying.

The first one is that I cannot connect to my adsl-provider (german telekom)
any longer, despite of all necessary modules being there and loaded (at least
I think so). the ppp_generic, ppp_async, slhc, sis900 (my ethernet driver)
are all available and roaring pinguin also compiles well and does not
complain about lacking drivers ... but inspite of this I cannot connect to my
ISP.

There is another big problem. Under X I cannot start any terminal emulation
software such as Xterm, Eterm or Konsole unless I am logged in as root. Xterm
doesnt start at all, Eterm starts and exits immediately and konsole spits out
following message before it exits: "unable to open a suitable terminal
device". This problem really p..... me off since I have to leave X and switch
to the virtual consoles everytime I want to type in a command and that is
annoying. I guess there is something wrong with the pseudo terminals. Maybe
the permissions are not set correctly. But if that was the case, why does it
work under the gentoo-2.4.20-r5 kernel??? Is something wrong with devfs???

Thanx in advance.