On Sunday 05 October 2003 13:49, momesana wrote:
> > Re-emerge the kernel and then read what it says at the end...
>
> I see  :-)
>  * Please note that ptyfs support has been removed from devfs
>  * in the later 2.5.x kernels, and you have to compile it in now,
>  * or else you will get errors when trying to open a pty.
>  * The option is File systems->Pseudo filesystems->/dev/pts
>  * filesystem.
>
>  * Also, note that you must compile in support for
>  * input devices (Input device support->Input devices),
>  * the virtual terminal (Character Devices->Virtual terminal),
>  * vga_console (Graphics Support->Console...->VGA text console)
>  * and the vt_console (Character Devices->Support for console...).
>  * Otherwise, you will get the dreaded "Uncompressing the Kernel"
>  * error.
>
> ... and it works. But the problem with the internetconnection is still
> biting...

Yeah, I'm not certain what to do with it, either. Actually, I've had many
problems with the test kernels since test3. test1 and test2 had a couple of
problems with -mm* but for the most part worked perfectly. Since test3, I
haven't been able to get acpi to work well at all and now this network
problem... Actually, try booting with pci=noacpi and then acpi=off. I didn't
get around to trying acpi=off but it usually fixes a lot of problems with the
test kernels.

Jason