Marshal Newrock said the following on 10/05/03 00:55:
On Sun, 5 Oct 2003, Jason Stubbs wrote:

The first one is that I cannot connect to my adsl-provider (german telekom)
any longer, despite of all necessary modules being there and loaded (at
least I think so). the ppp_generic, ppp_async, slhc, sis900 (my ethernet
driver) are all available and roaring pinguin also compiles well and does
not complain about lacking drivers ... but inspite of this I cannot connect
to my ISP.

I'm having the same problem with a rtl8139. Nothing reports errors and packets go out, but the kernel won't seem to read from the interface correctly. Can't help with a solution tho...

I also have an rtl8139.  I use APM instead of ACPI due to
incompatibilities.  I could boot up with noacpi, but what's the point.
USB also does not work with ACPI.

To those with networking problems, try running

`route`

to check your routing tables.

If you do not have a default route listed and
are connected to a linksys (or similar type)
broadband sharing router run this:

`route add default gw 192.168.1.1` ---(replace 192.168.1.1 with your local router address, if you know this)

This worked for me.

--
Jesse Newland