On Sunday 05 October 2003 14:55, Marshal Newrock wrote:
> On Sun, 5 Oct 2003, Jason Stubbs wrote:
> > > The first one is that I cannot connect to my adsl-provider (german
> > > telekom) any longer, despite of all necessary modules being there and
> > > loaded (at least I think so). the ppp_generic, ppp_async, slhc, sis900
> > > (my ethernet driver) are all available and roaring pinguin also
> > > compiles well and does not complain about lacking drivers ... but
> > > inspite of this I cannot connect to my ISP.
> >
> > I'm having the same problem with a rtl8139. Nothing reports errors and
> > packets go out, but the kernel won't seem to read from the interface
> > correctly. Can't help with a solution tho...
>
> I also have an rtl8139.  I use APM instead of ACPI due to
> incompatibilities.  I could boot up with noacpi, but what's the point.
> USB also does not work with ACPI.

Yeah, I'm running on a laptop though, so ACPI comes in handy for battery
status and temperature and such. Likewise, I get problems with USB when ACPI
is enabled. The best I got with -test5 though was "acpi=off pci=usepirqmask"
and then I would have to plug in my USB mouse after the system had started to
get it to work. As I said before, I haven't really tested -test6 much yet.

Regards,
Jason