On Sat, 11 Oct 2003, Ernie Schroder wrote:

> I'm about to start throwing stuff! I can't figure out how to set up my
> /etc/cups/cupsd.conf on Gentoo#1 so that I can use its printer from
> Gentoo#2 I've followed a couple of howto's without results and would
> appreciate some help from someone who has a similar setup.
> Gentoo#2 is looking to the network for the printer but lpstat -a
> returns Unable to connect to server: Connection refused

I got this error on my setup until I changed the access control rules on
the print server.

In the Security Options section, I have a piece that looks like this:

<Location /printers>
Order Allow, Deny
Allow From All
</Location>

Check to make sure that you're allowing your other server to see
/printers.  You might want to change to "All" to see if that works, then
batten down from there.

-------Patrick M [EMAIL PROTECTED]:3784715------
Quote of the Week: "I probably won't start on the idea, and if I do it
will wind up being an unfinished project on my personal website featuring
pictures of my cat." rh2600 on /.